“The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter — it’s the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning”.
Thanks for dropping by.
I’m Iris, and I’m a professional translator and proofreader, native Spanish-speaker, currently based in the heart of the Spanish Pyrenees. I work from English into Spanish (European).
- Do you need an English legal document accurately translated into Spanish?
- Do you want to localise your SEO strategy so your brand can reach a Spanish audience?
- Or perhaps you’re an outdoor clothing manufacturer and you need a translator with first-hand knowledge of the 3-layer system, or how to set up a tent?
Don’t get lost in translation! I’ll help you convey your message in Spanish by creating a text that’s both flawless and engaging.
Just take a look around my site to find out more about my services and areas of expertise. If you have any queries or would like a quote for a project, do not hesitate to get in touch.
- BA in English Studies: 4-year university degree, during which I acquired a deep command of the English language and an excellent knowledge of British and American literature, culture and history.
- MA in Specialised Translation: Postgraduate degree focused on legal translation: T&Cs, Privacy Policies, corporate texts, contracts, judicial documents, police records, etc.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD): I’ve taken several courses on different subjects and I always try to devote time to developing my abilities and learning new skills within the industry. Courses include SEO & SEA Localisation, freelance marketing practices, legal terminology, and more.
- Volunteer work: My first steps as a translator and proofreader were as a volunteer linguist for several organisations (which I continue to do). So far, I’ve collaborated with Translators Without Borders, The Prisma – The Multicultural Newspaper, the United Nations, EU Aid Volunteers, National Geographic, Food First, Defence for Children International, Public Counsel, etc.
- Account Manager Intern: As part of my MA program, I completed an internship in the Account Management department at Rosetta Translation (London, UK). This opportunity gave me an insight into this aspect of the translation industry, learning to deal with corporate clients and internal processes.
- In-house linguist: I was then hired by Panserve Ltd as a full-time Spanish Translator and was promoted to Localisation Specialist the following year. In this position, I was in charge of proofreading legal and marketing translations, creating glossaries and managing TMs and style guides. After 2.5 years with the company, I decided to jump into full-time freelancing.
- Freelance translator and proofreader: I started working as a part-time freelance professional in 2018, combining these projects with other jobs. In 2022, I decided it was time to devote all my working time to freelancing. So, here we are!
- Other non-linguistic jobs: I’ve been working ever since my studies began, gaining varied first-hand experience in the hospitality sector.
WHY CHOOSE MY SERVICES?
Find out more by clicking on each section